Dr. Janak Desai is a renowned Urologist both in India as well as worldwide. His extraordinary contributions to the field of Urology have earned him several accolades, including the prestigious Dr. B. C. Roy Award from the President of India. He has also earned an honorary FRCS from the renowned Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow.
His most remarkable contribution has been the development of a technique known as the Ultra Mini PCNL. This method enables the removal of kidney stones with minimal invasion and blood loss.
- Nominated as Honarary Corresponding member of DGU – German Urology Society
- Awarded the BCRoy award by Medical council of India. This award is given to the recipient by the President of India
- Nominated as member of EULIS (European Urolithiasis Society)
- Founder President of Gujarat Urology Association
- President of West Zone Indian Urology Association
- Indian Journal of Urology
- World Journal of Urology
- Journal of Endourology
- Ultra-Mini Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (UMP): one more armamentarium… BJUI November 2013.
- Ultra-Mini Percutaneous Nephrolithotripsy: Journal of Endourology –Videourology section ; year 2013
- Ultra-Mini PCNL versus flexible ureteroscopy: a matched analysis of treatment costs (endoscopic and disposables) in patients with renal stones 10.20 mm : World Journal of Urology – Jan 2015
- A novel technique of ultra-mini-percutaneous nephrolithotomy: introduction and an initial experience for treatment of upper urinary calculi less than 2 cm. : Biomed Res Int ; July 2013
- Non Urothelial Bladder cancers: a case series… :Indian Journal of Surgical Oncology; March 2013
- Prospectives outcomes of 11-13 F ultra-mini percutaneous nephrolithotomy (UMP): a consecutive cohort study. : Journal of Urology
Nr. Stadium Circle, Navrangpura
380009 Ahmedabad , India