Dr. Guido Giusti is an internationally renowned expert in urinary calculi and its modern endourological treatment. He also deals with the minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic treatment of all urogenital neoplasms (cancer of the kidney, ureter, bladder, prostate, and testicles) and the medical and endoscopic treatment of BPH.
- On 30 October 1991, Guido Giusti graduated with a score of 110/110 laude from the University of Verona.
- In 1991 he enrolled in the School of Specialization in Urology of the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Verona.
- Throughout the fifth year of the course, he attended the "Division of Urologic Surgery" of the "Washington University School of Medicine" in St. Louis (Missouri-USA) with Dr. Ralph V. Clayman for a "Research Fellowship" in the field of laparoscopic urological surgery and endourological methods for the treatment of urinary stones.
- On October 29, 1996, he obtained the Specialization Diploma in Urology with a score of 50/50 laude discussing a thesis entitled: "The endourological treatment of ureteropyel junction obstruction: a retrospective study conducted during an internship at the "Division of Urologic Surgery" of the "Washington University School of Medicine" in St. Louis on 162 cases performed from October 1989 to May 1996".
- From 2 January 1997 to June 1999, he assumed the role of full-time Medical Director of Urology at the Clinical Division of Urology of the Policlinico Hospital of the Verona Hospital, directed by the late Prof. G. Mobilio.
- In 1998 he was Adjunct Professor of Urodynamics at the School of Specialty in Urology of the University of Verona.
- From 21 June 1999, he took service as an Assistant at the Urology Unit of the Humanitas Clinical Institute of Rozzano (Milan).
- Since September 2008, he has been Head of Section and Head of the "Stone Center" of this institution.
- In January 2012, he founded the "European Training Center in Endourology" of which he is Head with which he has so far organized 57 international courses with doctors from 19 countries (www.etce.it).
- Since 1 June 2015, he has been working at the Urology Department of the San Raffaele Hospital in Milan.
He is a member of the Italian Society of Urology (SIU), the Italian Society of Endourology (IEA), the European Association of Urology (EAU)of the American Urological Association (AUA), and the Endourological Society.
He has won the following national and international awards and recognitions:
- Best poster on Urolithiasis XVII Congress of the European Society of Urology (UAE) held in Birmingham in February 2002 (G. Giusti, et al.: Is miniperc still a reasonable option among the 3rd millennium endourologist armamentarium? European Urology, Abstracts of XVIIth Congress of the European Association of Urology, Birmingham 2002, European Urology, Vol. 1 N°1 (590), January 2002)
- Best Video of the XVII Congress of the European Society of Urology (UAE) held in Birmingham in February 2002 (P. Graziotti, Giusti G. et al.: Treatment of RCC with extended vein caval involvement performed with hypothermia, cardiac arrest by means of Heartport device. European Urology, Abstracts of XVIIth Congress of the European Association of Urology, Birmingham 2002, European Urology, Vol. 1 N°1 (590), January 2002.
- MISA AWARD as the best work in minimally invasive surgery at the 26th Congress of the European Society of Urology (UAE) held in Vienna in March 2011. (G. Giusti et al. Comparison between retrograde intrarenal surgery (RIRS) and percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL) in the treatment of single pelvic renal stones between 2 and 4 cm European Urology, Abstracts of 26th Congress of the European Association of Urology, Wien 2
- He has taken part as a speaker or operator in live surgery at 35 congresses, as an author in 130 communications at national and international congresses, and 46 scientific publications in international journals; 12 surgical videos, and 12 surgical videos.
Via Olgettina n. 60
20132 Milano, Italy